Unity Gameplay Developer
ARVORE is looking to hire a technically adept, creative individual to complement our team. You will have the opportunity to work on innovative immersive and narrative-driven XR experiences, iterating and prototyping with a high level of creative freedom and with the opportunity to guide the direction of some of these endeavours.
Our process emphasizes teamwork, agility and multidisciplinarity. We are looking for a passionate and self-motivated person with a positive attitude and a genuine team player, who likes to share knowledge and is open to learn from others. We embrace problem solvers, those who aren't afraid to experiment and fail and are ready to create something new.
Gameplay Developers turn game and interaction ideas into code and functioning XR software. They will be involved in developing and integrating various aspects of a project's creation from concept to finished product including coding, programming, audio, design, production and visual arts.
They must also work closely with the Game Designers and the team to deliver a great user experience and construct tools and components for them to build levels and interactions.
- Deliver your tasks well tested and without conflicts
- Integrate new SDKs and device run-time environments
- Iteratively collaborate with artists to develop new tools and interfaces
- Ensure timely resolution of bugs and software issues post-release
- Work with the team to bring projects from the conception to final QA
- Work with the game designer to build early prototypes
- Develop and maintain game state machines, controllers and support systems
- Help other members of the team to use and extend your components
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with team members of different disciplines
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with a high degree of independence and an innate intuition for task prioritization
- Willingness to observe, absorb and modify their own work based on many avenues of artistic criticism
- Constantly looking for self-improvement, learning new skills and delivering the highest quality output
- Always giving and receiving constructive and creative feedback
- Fluency in English language
- Strong debugging, profiling, and run-time analysis skills
- Solid C# skill with a good knowledge of the Unity API
- Know how to design clean architectures of large systems with multiple subsystems
- A good sense of how to create safe reusable code
Nice to have
- Be familiar with Google G Suite, Trello, Slack and Github.
- Previous knowledge or experience with VR and AR content is desireable.
- A passion for Games, Movies, TV, Art, Animation, Electronics, RPGs, Theater and narrative experiences would be a great plus
- Experience with game development
- Optimize XR content for release on a variety of platforms
- Unity Editor UI and inspector extensions